Like most people, I get caught up in the momentum of life…. work, family, holidays, and the daily news. Life seems to move at wharp speed. With the holidays behind us and the new year ahead of us, it is a reminder that time truly marches on. This is a perfect time to take stock of those household projects that you have put on hold.
It is time to make your dream projects a reality. Here is a look at renovation trends for 2019!
- White kitchens are no longer in demand. Dark kitchens have become popular, adding elegance and drama.
- Color trends include greys (which are still popular) but we are seeing bolder colors then we have seen in the past, think: navy blues and hunter greens.
- If you are not ready to make such a bold statement on your walls think about adding drama or color with kitchen accessories: teapots, mix masters, vases, statement pieces.
- We are seeing cabinets in warm wood tones
- Stainless steel appliances are taking a back seat to darker deeper appliances
- Matte cabinets and appliances are popular, attractive and easy to clean
- Stainless steel sinks are giving way to stone and concrete sinks.
- Backsplashes are becoming more interesting, in both style and texture.
- Granite counter tops have been used in kitchens for so long, but higher end marble is showing up (although not durable) and quartz is popular, with durability a plus.
- Vintage lighting and unique fixtures are great ways to make your kitchen unique, adding your own one of a kind statement.
- Color trends include whites, greys and natural earthy tones
- Monochromatic bathrooms are also having their moment
- Accent colors showing up in bathrooms include golds (think brass) and jewel tones.
- Backsplashes are big now, to prevent against splatters and spills
- Tile trends include mosaics and a variety of different geometric shape tiles and patterns
- Concrete is making its way into bathrooms: sinks, countertops, walls, and floors
- Free standing tubs continue to have their moment, as do space saving walk in showers
- Floating vanities are becoming more popular, allowing for more storage space
- Spa like bathrooms are still desired, as a luxurious retreat from our stressful lives
- Unique mirrors/ lighting continue to individualize bathrooms and make a statement.
- Bathrooms continue to give way to high tech, including underfloor heaters, heated towel racks and toilets with automatic lid openers
- We are seeing more art work as focal points in bathrooms
- Open floor plans are being requested
- Home gyms are often a mainstay of the remodeled basement
- Home spas are gaining popularity, with steam showers, sauna’s and massage rooms (a great compliment to the home gym)
- With elderly parents moving in with family, basements are being renovated into suite like settings, with bathrooms added.
- Game rooms remain popular for families with growing children, think tween to teen
- Media rooms are a favorite for all (lounge chairs, large screen TV’s, surround sound)
- Basements are also a great space to add a music room or art studio (to embrace your creativity, whatever your passion.)
Interior Excellence is an interior renovation company that can make your desires into a reality. We specialize in kitchen, bathroom and basement renovations. We are a One Stop Design Shop, and can meet all of your design and renovation needs. You only deal with us, and we handle permits, architectural plans, plumbing, electrical, flooring and design needs. We take you shopping, provide you with 30 plus years of design experience and pass our designer discounts on to you. We provide you with referrals, and encourage you to call them, as we pride ourselves on happy customers.
Call Myles Albert at (908) 218-0200 to schedule a free in-home estimate today. References will be provided at the estimate, and we encourage you to call them, as we pride ourselves on happy customers.
We look forward to seeing you soon!